Thursday, March 29, 2007

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

The woman answered the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, it is only about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden that God said, “You shall not eat it or even touch it, lest you die.” – Genesis 3:2-3

After studying in a coed school almost all my life, I decided to choose an exclusive school for girls in college for a change. The result? I was in culture shock! I had never seen girls with so much curiosity. It was the way they related to the opposite sex that bothered me. I mean, some of these girls might have had brothers and men as relatives but you could
tell that they were not ready to deal with boygirl relationships. By the end of junior year, would you believe that almost one third of our class had gotten themselves pregnant?
Tempted? Yes! Curious? Definitely! They wanted to be above others; they thought having a sexual experience would make a difference in their lives. Truly, for some of them, it did! Sadly, others even had to go through abortion. What a pity because some of them were even scholars from their provinces... the pride of their respective alma maters.
As for me, a lesson I learned from my colleagues was that curiosity can be very harmful. Marissa E.

REFLECTION:
You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. I pray for the grace to stay focused on these three.

Where does your curiosity lead you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home