Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ATM

Dear All,

Take care lang when withdrawing money sa ATM. Here is my personal experience which happened yesterday.

I went to Allied Bank in Pasong Tamo, near Don Bosco Makati to withdraw a few hundreds. I regularly go to this ATM so more or less I am very familiar with the machine positioned outside the bank. As usual, I made a balance inquiry before I made my withdrawal. Balance inquiry went well so I proceed with my withdrawal. I heard the machine making this usual noise of as if counting the money and I waited for the money dispenser to open. To my surprise, the dispenser did not open and I can't get my withdrawal. Soon the machine receipt dispenser came out with the receipt confirming my withdrawal but the dispenser door remained closed. I look around to report the incident but this time there was no guard on duty. I have no choice now but to try to force-open the dispenser door cause I am sure the money is there and it is just a matter of opening the door to get it. I took my ID swiss card and using the letter opener, I force-opened the door. This is what I found out:

1. The dispenser door was positioned to open and in place of it was a fabricated stainless steel made to look like the dispenser door.

2. At the back of this fabricated stainless steel is a glue placed to hold your money.

3. With the letter opener, I was able to remove the fabricated cover and all my money are glued to this cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home